The city of Naharia
Naharia is to 30 km to the north of Haifa, in a place especially pleasant on the coast of Israel, which was once a part of the ancient Phoenicia. Founded in the year 1934 by a group of German Jews who tried to establish an agricultural village. It did not spend a lot of a lot of time before the local beauty and the place was attracted by visitors and the hospitality and Naharia became synonymous of Israel. At present, one of the most ancient cities spa, Naharia is considered of being able to satisfy the visitor in his search of the best serviceability. It possesses 20 hotels and small hotels at the disposal of his visitors who are within reach of any budget. A cutwater assures a sure and pleasant swimming, as it it is the magnificent Lido, sinks of swimming of Olympian size and for children. Beautiful parks and the agreeable ambience make of Naharia an ideal place for the rest and spend a few relaxing holidays.
Ajziv: A short walk for the beach towards the north leads us to the ruins of Ajziv, which was once a Phoenician port, and to the remains of a Phoenician cemetery (VIth century to VIIIAc). On the hillside of the hill, dominating the beach, there are the remains of stones sarcofagi of the Persian epoch.
The Club Mediterranean and the town of recreation of Ajziv are surrounded here by the wonderful local panorama. A place exelente for the submarine hunting. In the outskirts there finds the kibbutz Guesher Ha Ziv (bridge of the splendor) and the juvenile accommodation Iad Iad, ambod named this way in remembrance of the mission carried out by 14 young members of the hagana who died in action. There is also place to do picnics.
Aqueduct: The Turkish Aqueduct, to the south of Naharia, was construído close to the year 1780 for Ajmed Al Jazzar in the style of the Roman aqueducts that they are in other parts of Israel. It was bringing water of the surgientes in Cabri towards Acco, at a 0 km distance.
The grave and the Gardens of Bahai: At short distance towards the south, on the north route to Naharia, there is the house and the grave of the founder of the religion Bahai, which is known like Baha Ulla, a title that "Gloria de Dios" means. Inside the house is a collection of religious articles. Free entry.
Janita: Kibbutz founded in 1938 in what it was a hostile territory, far from Jewish establishments. Placed to 330 meters on the sea level, between a forest of pines and oaks, with a beautiful sight towards the Lebanon, the city of Shot and the hills of Galilee. There is an accommodation with sink of swimming, place for picnic and a small museum where antiquities found in the area are exhibited. To come to the place, turn to the east approximately 2 km before Rosh Hanikra on the called Way of the north (cvish hatzafón), travel approximately 4 km up to the first crossing and from there approximately 3 km to the north.
Lojamei Haguetaot: to 5 km to the south of Naharia, a kibbutz founded in 1949 by survivors of the ghettos of Europe. The Museum of the Holocaust and Resistance is in the precincts.
Mitpe (point of observation) Goren: to approximately 19 km to the north of Naharia, close to the kibbutz Eilón; park and place for picnic with a splendid sight of of the Fortress monfor, of the crossed ones, and his surroundings.
Monfort: One of the castles belonging to the chain of castles construct you for Crossed to protect the city of Acre. The principal part was construída for the Order of the templarios at the end of the XIIth century and enlarged by the Order of the Teutonic Gentlemen in the year 1230, which called it Starkenburg - Fortaleza. Numerous attempts were rehalizados for the Muslims to conquer the above mentioned castle until finally it came across of the Sultan Bairbars in 1271.
In the year 1926 the Metropolitan Museum of New York did big and extensive excavations, discovering Roman remains and pre Roman, as well as weapon and armors of the crossed ones, which are at present in exhibition in the above mentioned museum. The entry to the castle is defended by a tower surrounded by a defender excavated in the rock. The access to Monfort is difficult but the effort is worth while. It is possible to come to the castle from the Eilón people on foot, a 3 km walk with a little of climb for the hillside of the hill, or for meilia for a 5 km way with a steep ascent to the return. A third way is walking or traveling, but only in jeep, round the shore of the creek Keziv a 8 km distance for the route to Mazzuva Cabri up to the feet of the castle.
Rosh Hanikra: Placed on top of white steep depositors, the point of observation of Rosh Hanikra offers a wonderful sight of the west of Galilee, with visible Haifa and Monte Carmel towards the south. Close to the kibbutz rosh Hanikra is the cablecarril that takes the visitors on the foot of the cliff, where the force of eroción of the sea has formed caves in forms of caves. 8 km to the north of Naharia.
Source: Shalom Online